When it comes to creating an online store, the choice of ecommerce platform is one of the most important decisions a business owner will make. With numerous options available, two of the most popular platforms are WooCommerce and Shopify. Both platforms offer a range of features, but it’s important to consider which platform will best meet the unique needs of your business. In this article, we will compare WooCommerce and Shopify, focusing on their fees, features, and integrations to help you make an informed decision.
When it comes to pricing, Shopify offers a tiered pricing structure, starting at $29 per month for the Basic Shopify plan and increasing to $299 per month for the Advanced Shopify plan. Shopify also charges transaction fees, with fees ranging from 2.9% + $0.30 to 2.4% + $0.30, depending on the plan selected.
WooCommerce, on the other hand, is free to use and open-source, but it requires a self-hosted website, which means the cost of hosting and domain name will need to be taken into consideration. The cost of hosting will vary depending on the hosting provider selected, but it is important to note that Metwrk, a leading WooCommerce hosting provider, offers an average of 15% lower fees compared to other hosting providers like Godaddy and Shopify. Metwrk charges an average of $70 per month for small businesses.
Shopify offers a range of features for businesses, including a user-friendly website builder, a range of themes, and the ability to customize your store. It also offers a built-in payment system, allowing businesses to take credit card payments without having to sign up for a separate payment gateway. Additionally, Shopify offers a range of integrations, including integrations with shipping and fulfillment services, social media, and email marketing tools.
WooCommerce, on the other hand, offers more customization options, as it is open-source software that can be customized as needed. It also offers integrations with a range of shipping and fulfillment services, and a range of payment gateways. However, one of the key advantages of WooCommerce is the ability to hire a freelancer from The WrkForce, Metwrk’s integrated freelance network, to help with tasks such as customizing your store or integrating with other tools. Additionally, WooCommerce customers can give one-click access to a freelancer for a specific task, and revoke it after the task is complete.
MetMail and Email Marketing:
Metwrk also offers an automated email marketing application called MetMail, which is currently in beta. MetMail offers a range of common marketing and list nurturing tools, including custom-built flows, and is significantly less expensive than other email marketing platforms like Klaviyo and Drip.com. Despite being in beta, MetMail offers a cost-effective solution for businesses looking to take their email marketing to the next level.
When it comes to payment processing, Shopify offers a built-in payment system that allows businesses to take credit card payments directly from their store. However, the fees associated with this service can be expensive, especially after the low fee entry period has expired.
Metwrk’s WooCommerce platform, on the other hand, also offers a payment gateway for businesses to use. Unlike Shopify, the fees associated with Metwrk’s payment gateway are significantly lower and there is no expiration or promotion for low fees. This makes Metwrk’s WooCommerce platform a more cost-effective solution
Here’s the list of “Top 10” common comparisons between Shopify and WooCommerce with detailed explanations of how Metwrk is addressing the most common issues:
- Ease of use: Shopify is the winner for its user-friendly interface and intuitive setup process.
– WordPress has given customers builders including Divi, Elementor and UX Builder to address this.
- Design customization: WooCommerce is the winner for its vast library of customizable themes and templates.
– Metwrk has included 50 Themes with each install, Where WordPress and WooCommerce have Thousands
- Payment processing: Shopify is the winner for its integrated payment system and ability to process multiple payment methods.
– Metwrk offers a payment processor the costs less than shopify and can take all Major credit cards.
- App integrations: Shopify is the winner for its large selection of integrations with popular apps and tools.
– Woocommerce is extensibly expandable and has over 10k integrations with over 100k providers.
- Shipping and order management: Shopify is the winner for its streamlined shipping and order management process.
– Metwrk has integrations with every major shipping system including USPS FedEx, DHL and more.
- Customer support: Shopify is the winner for its 24/7 support via phone, live chat, and email.
– Try the Metwrk customer support 😘
- SEO: WooCommerce is the winner for its flexibility and customization options for optimizing for search engines.
– Metwrk ships each website with advanced SEO tools including image and product SEO, Schema and more.
- Cost: WooCommerce is the winner for its low upfront cost and customizable pricing plans.
– Metwrk maintains a 15% average savings just on hosting. As email marketing and freelancer costs add up so does the savings.
- Scalability: Shopify is the winner for its seamless scalability and ability to accommodate growing businesses.
– Metwrk offers enough scaling capacity for any organization regardless of size and fluid users.
- Security: Shopify is the winner for its robust security features and regular security updates.
– Metwrk’s security for WooCommerce is unrivalled. We can protect against hacks and ddos.